Architectural Assistant (Part I and/or Part II) Gloucestershire
Austin Design Works is a practice of Chartered Architects and Landscape Architects, based in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. We specialize in original, crafted and carefully-considered design responses to projects across all sectors but currently primarily residential.
We are looking to recruit additional staff at either Part I and/or Part II level to join our busy team with a preferred start date of September 2019.
The purpose of the role(s) is to assist in the day to day running of the practice and provide support for a variety of architectural projects at different work stages.
Tasks will include:
- Drafting of concept designs and detailed designs in 2D, 3D CAD and by hand
- Drafting and amending technical designs and production information in CAD and by hand
- Assisting with the integration of technical information and statutory requirements into design and production drawings
- Assisting in the preparation and collation of drawings and documents for planning and building control approval, tender and construction purposes
- Researching project briefs, materials and construction products as directed
- Operating standard filing systems within the practice for drawings and correspondence
- Participation in internal and external meetings, regularly acting as minute taker
- Undertaking site visits and liaising with clients and contractors.
- RIBA Part I or Part II Architecture degree
- Confident usage of Vectorworks, Sketchup, Adobe suite; Microsoft Office products
- Genuine team player – willing to actively support colleagues with a positive collaborative approach to work
- Self-motivated with great organisational skills
- Full, clean driving licence and own car
- 1-2 years’ experience of practice-based experience
- Technical awareness and knowledge of UK building regulations
- Good understanding of planning and building legislation
- Experience of working with BIM
- Experience of using NBS Specification
- Additional skills such as editing web pages, creating content for social media platforms and model making would be very welcome.
The above reflects the core activities of the role(s) although there will be changes in duties from time to time. As a multi-disciplinary practice, there will be the opportunity to work on landscape schemes. The post holder should recognise this and adopt a flexible approach.
The role(s) are full time (37.5 hours) permanent positions, subject to a satisfactory probationary period. Salaries are in line with RIBA guidelines and will be based on qualification, aptitude and experience. Last date for applications is 16 August 2019.
We would love to hear from you if you fulfil the above criteria. Please note that we will not progress applications that do not fulfil all the Essential requirements.
Please send the following details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering letter stating why you wish to work with us (including your current salary details). Please demonstrate clearly how you meet the Essential requirements
- A brief portfolio max.5MB
Please ensure you state which role you are applying for.
If you have any queries please call Louise King, Practice Manager on 01453 836393