Senior Architectural Technician
SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL TECHNICIAN
Location: Yate, North Bristol
Salary: £ 35,295 - £38,813 pa
Hours : 37 per week
Colleague Benefits will offer flexible working patterns, a generous pension provision and ability to buy additional annual leave entitlement.
Are you looking for a varied and rewarding role as a Senior Architectural Technician?
We are recruiting for a post to provide full architectural services including development of the brief, overall design, timing, cost control and contract management of a project or several projects. You will liaise with clients, end user, the planning authority, the highway authority, the fire authority, building control and other bodies and departments and including the co-ordination of the work of Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Landscape Designers.
• At feasibility stage establish and develop design brief, prepare feasibility design and liaise with the client to consolidate design. Understand how the design aspects of a construction project influence and relate to performance and functional issues, so that practical questions can be addressed at the outset.
• Evaluate and advise on environmental, legal and regulatory issues, providing professional and technical advice and other services to the Department and other Departments, Authorities or Agencies as required.
• Contribute to planning applications and other regulatory application procedures, identifying the surveys required before work can commence ensuring they're undertaken and their results are fed into the project.
• Lead on the detailed design process and coordinate design information. Develop project briefs and prepare working drawings and specifications, to liaise with planning and building regulations authorities and to submit formal applications for consent.
• Produce design philosophy statements and carry out Health and Safety, Design Risk Assessments all in accordance with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994.
• Advise clients on procuring the best and most appropriate contracts for the work they are undertaking and act as first point of contact for Client, Head Teacher and Contractor.
• Liaise with appropriate authorities (planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval produce, analyse and advise on detailed specifications for suitable materials or processes to be used.
• Invite main contract and specialist sub-contract tenders and place orders for building works and to ensure the works are carried out in accordance with the contract to achieve successful handover of the project to the client.
• Be able to work in a team assisting an Architect, direct and monitor the work of other professionals assigned to such projects e.g. Quantity Surveyors, Structural Engineers, M&E Engineers, Building Surveyors, Landscape Architects, Land Surveyors.
• Supervise the work of Architectural Assistants and Architectural Technicians assigned to projects within the responsibility of the post holder and to oversee and instruct Senior Clerk of Works and Clerk of Works in respect of own projects.
• On specific large projects to be team leader for the architectural discipline directing and monitoring the work of other professionals assigned to the project which is led by a nominated project manager. To be contract administrator/project manager for projects/tasks up to £6million.
• Hold a relevant BTEC Higher National Certificate or a Degree level qualification.
• Relevant practical experience within the field backed by evidence of appropriate specialist knowledge and achieving successful outcome of schemes – at least 5 years.
• Design experience across various type of building use, particularly schools, and building control in addition to writing NBS specifications.
• Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised, including issuing instructions to contractors and consultants without reference to others.
• Computer literate using Revit/Auto CAD/Architectural desktop, BIM (Building Information Modelling and BIM360 data exchange platform) and NBS Specification Manager. Photoshop and Visualising Software skills are desirable
• Ability to forward plan to achieve required programme dates, meet budget requirements and control both the programming and financial aspects of contracts and projects handled.
• Good communication, organisation and planning skills, effective persuasion and influencing skills
• Possession of a current driving licence and able to drive.
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application
Closing date: 24th July 2019
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Wayne Matthews (Project Delivery Manager) on 01454 865092 or email Wayne.email@example.com