Senior Urban Designer
We currently have a role for a Senior Urban designer to join a AJ50 practice in its office based near the centre of Bristol. The role is offering the chance to take a lead role in a number of large scale residential based projects.
My client is a leading independent Planning and Design consultancy, led by 20 Partners and employing approximately 360 employees in 12 regional offices across the UK. They work across such projects as residential and commercial schemes, mixed use masterplans and layouts, new settlements, extensions to existing towns, infrastructure-led new communities, regeneration and community-led development proposals.
Due to project demands they require a Senior Urban designer to join the team in Bristol.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work on projects from the initial concept to delivery
- Contribute to the design process through creative thinking and concept development
- Working on planning application of housing led developments of 2000 to 8000 units
- Working on masterplan drawing design strategies and to detailed illustrations to support design principles
- Support the production of comprehensive design and access statements.
- Day to day running of jobs including liaising with colleagues and managing junior members of teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- MA or postgraduate diploma in Urban design
- Experience in UK residential and mixed use development masterplans in an urban design and masterplanning capacity would be essential for this role.
- Fluent in the use of AutoCAD, Photoshop, Indesign, sketchup and illustrator
- Good hand drawing skills
- Able to travel to the Midlands to visit site on a regular basis.
What you get back
- Highly competitive salary
- Profit share
- Car allowance
- Life insurance
- Ability to purchase or sell holiday days
- Gym membership discount
- Health insurance
- Ongoing training
What employees say
"In 2003 I'd had three jobs in three years and I wondered if I'd chosen the right career. That was 14 years ago and at that time, it hadn't crossed my mind that I'd be spending the rest of my career here or that I'd end up being a Partner." - Planning Partner
If you meet the criteria above, email your CV and portfolio . We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
In accordance with GDPR, by applying for this position you give us your consent to process your data in-line with our Privacy and Data Protection Policies which can be read on our website.
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We'll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we'll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they've successfully completed the probation period.
Job Ref: 10317 Senior Urban Designer Job in Bristol - Your Architectural Recruitment Specialists