Chartered Designer DfMA Specialist
A unique opportunity for a Chartered Designer with DfMA (Design for Manufacturing and Assembly) / offsite manufacturing experience has become available for a growing practice in Central London. Offering exceptional benefits including social events, office perks and career progression, this is an opportunity not to miss!
My client is a multi-disciplinary design partnership of specialist teams working collaboratively in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Communications, Sustainability and Planning. With a reputation as leaders in the field of prefabricated sustainable design, a niche role has become available for a Chartered Designer to join their growing team.
Role & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the successful day-to-day delivery of projects
- You will work within the Sustainable Futures team and report to a Partner in charge
- Undertake day to day client liaison and coordinate all project information from the client
- Communicate project objectives, project quality plan and project management processes
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of two years post Chartership experience working on medium to large-scale mixed-use and built projects
- Extensive experience of UK urban or suburban housing design, master planning and construction
- A demonstrable interest in the Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) field
- Excellent project management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of UK residential design standards, building regulations and statutory requirements and understanding of major construction methods commonly used in housing
- Understanding/experience of how developers, contractors, their subcontractors and technical teams procure and deliver residential developments and mixed used schemes
- Good project reporting writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships.
- Strong AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and InDesign skills and experience.
What you get back
- Salary paid depending on experience, all salaries considered
- Lunch provided by an in-house catering team
- Cycle to work scheme
- Study and day trips
- Plus a variety of staff organised social events
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.