Due to an increased workload Matthew Montague Architects are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, ambitious Architectural Technician/Technologist to join our busy and expanding practice and to be part of one of the Midlands leading independent practices.
The practice is currently made up of 12 members of staff delivering high quality architecture with a diverse portfolio including large residential, education, commercial, sport and interiors.
The role will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects with our key clients along with ongoing development of the practice and your career progression. Your primary duties will include:
- Scheme development through the RIBA work stages
- Production of technical drawings and specifications using Revit and/or AutoCad
- Revit model production and management
- Control of the production of drawings to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Co-ordination with the design team
- Liaise with appropriate authorities (e.g. planning enquiries and building inspectors) when producing documentation for statutory approval
- Lead the detailed design process and coordinate design information
Key skills and experience that we’d like you to have:
- Proficiency in using Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience of working and detailed construction drawings, as well as planning application drawings
- Knowledge of UK building regulations and building contracts
- Experience of project delivery and excellent communications skills
- Relevant degree or HNC/HND in Architectural Technology, Building Technology or equivalent with 5+ years UK experience
- A full driving licence and your own car as the office is in a rural location.
We offer a flexible approach to working hours along with a competitive salary package.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a lively, friendly and creative team.
Start date as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current salary package or expectations, to our Practice Manager Louise Jones.