Part II Architectural Assistant
Jamie Fobert Architects is looking for Part II Architectural Assistants to join its London studio.
Established in 1996, Jamie Fobert Architects has consistently produced innovative and inspiring architecture in projects ranging from individual houses to high quality retail and significant public buildings for the arts. The practice’s major extension to Tate St. Ives was shortlisted for the RIBA Stirling Prize 2018. Current work includes the £35m redevelopment of The National Portrait Gallery as well as projects in the UK, France, Portugal and Ireland.
We are looking for one or more Part II Architectural Assistants to join our London studio to work on a range of retail, cultural and residential projects.
We are keen to meet candidates with:
- an intuitive understanding of 3D space
- a keen interest in materiality
- self-motivation, enthusiasm and an ability to work well as part of a team
- excellent CAD skills, which ideally will include knowledge of MicroStation and Revit
- A degree in Architecture, RIBA Part II or equivalent, is required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Researching and developing solutions to architectural problems;
- In house model making - mainly study models, but also some presentation models;
- In house 3D imaging;
- Preparing presentation materials by CAD and by hand for internal and external purposes; including attending client and user presentations and incorporating feedback;
- Drafting and amending concept and detail designs by CAD and by hand;
- Drafting and amending technical designs and production information by CAD and by hand;
- Attending relevant internal and external meetings, following up action points and contributing to agenda items where appropriate;
- Attending site meetings and inspections and following up with meeting notes or instructions;
- Attending internal project planning and office management meetings and contributing to project and office management where appropriate.
- Salary of £27-31,000 p.a. depending on experience.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Workplace pension.
How to apply for this opportunity:
Your application should include:
- a cover letter introducing yourself, outlining your motivation and relevant experience
- a CV, detailing your education, work experience, software skills and languages
- a concise illustrated portfolio
Apply below or send your application in hard copy to: Benna Schellhorn, Practice Manager, Jamie Fobert Architects, Rochelle, 22 Club Row, London E2 7EY
No agencies please.