Senior Architectural Technician
Our client, a well-established design practice with a diverse portfolio of projects across the UK are looking for a Senior Architectural Technician in Birmingham to further the success of the practice.
My client, established in 2004 has evolved into one of the Midlands leading architectural practices, with a reputation for delivering high quality architecture within various sectors including Education, Private Residential, Commercial, Social Care, Masterplanning and Heritage. Growing to over 70 staff members, the studio works with a large number of frameworks, and local authorities including housing associations and private clients, to provide a dedicated design led architectural service with an emphasis on quality, deliverability & reliability. Due to an increase in projects, the practice now requires a Senior Architectural Technician to provide technical support to the project team supported by general duties.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provision of Technical Services to assist the project leader including:
- Technical Design and production of technical drawings and details, using CAD, BIM and graphics software
- Design team co-ordination either independently or under guidance
- Attending and documenting design team meetings either independently or as shadow to project lead
- Attendance at site meetings and documenting where appropriate either independently or as shadow to project lead
- Carrying out/ drawing up of measured building surveys
- Completing weekly timesheets and forecasting timescales for packages
- Assisting in or the management of planning protocols and liaise with the relevant local authority officers. Management of building regulations protocols and liaison with relevant authorities.
Required Skills & Experience
- CIAT or MCIAT qualified with a minimum of 5 years UK experience and suitable project running experience
- Comprehensive computer Skills including; Revit or Microstation, Photoshop and InDesign
- Previous experience of running projects and co-ordinating design teams
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously, reporting directly to their Associate and the Directors
- A sound technical knowledge together with a full understanding of Revit and the RIBA stages post contract is essential
What you get back
- Salary offered DOE up to £45000, plus discretionary bonus
- Statutory holidays plus Christmas office closure
- Annual office days a year which has included a race day, curry nights and ghetto golf
- Opportunity for career progression within the management structure available to the right person
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We’ll give you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role. Just send us their information and we’ll do the rest.
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.