Architectural Technologist / Technical Architect
Working from a pleasant studio in the Dedham Vale, our portfolio of work includes high-end residential new build and extension projects, multiple projects involving listed buildings and significant work within the AONB and conservation areas. We also work on educational projects for a number of listed private schools in historic settings, together with some sensitive commercial projects.
We predominantly operate across East Anglia, with some projects in London and further afield. Established for 26 years, we are a dynamic, collaborative and friendly team of 6, and this position presents an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys interesting hands-on architectural work for discerning clients.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Architectural Technologist or Technical Architect. The successful applicant should ideally demonstrate:
* At least 5 years’ experience in running projects up to a value of say £3m.
* A record of proven ability and experience in the preparation and submission of Building Regulations; tender procurement and assessment; preparation of detailed construction drawings and concise specification information; contract administration and financial control.
* Thorough technical understanding and precision.
* Familiarity with JCT Forms of Contract.
* Experience in high quality residential projects and listed buildings. An interest in these sectors is essential.
* The ability to establish excellent relationships with clients, consultants, contractors and our team.
* The ability to communicate clearly, concisely and fluently in written and spoken English.
* A proactive approach with excellent organisational and record keeping skills.
* A good balance of design and technical skills; being attentive to detail and design control.
* Experience in Vectorworks, although not essential.
* The ability to work individually and as part of a team with a flexible, positive and self-motivated approach to their work.
The salary is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
Please send your cv, together with examples of your work directly to Roger Balmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. File size not to exceed 15Mb please.