Security & IT Design Engineer
Our client is an award winning building services and engineering consultancy with an ambitious, growing IT and Security Design team. If you have experience within IT & Security infrastructure design, and have a consultancy or facilities background then you will be given the opportunity to join the business and develop further as a security specialist towards a senior role.
The role would suit someone with a knowledge of IT infrastructure design in a built environment setting, with experience in all aspects of structured cabling. AV and Security design experience would be desirable but not essential. Knowledge of the RIBA design process and the 'Whole Life Performance' concept of buildings would be an advantage. Experience in the Intelligent Buildings/Connected Cities/Future Tech fields would be an advantage.
The successful IT & Security Design Engineer will:
- Take ownership of design strategies and conceptual design relative to IT & Security installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of IT & Security installations within major building projects
- Design IT & Security installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to apply theoretical principles to the practical design of IT+S systems
- Have sound knowledge of how the IT+S infrastructure is incorporated into buildings and the design process that goes into equipping them
- Possess a sound knowledge of how buildings are built and the design process that goes into their design.
- Have specialist knowledge of some or all of a particular IT+S systems (IP telephony, Data Networks, Structured Cabling, IP Security, Telecoms)
- Be a strategic thinker with a proactive attitude and attention to detail as well as good problem solving and communication skills.
The business will support you with your personal and professional growth as you develop towards a senior role. For more information call Dominic Jacques on 020 7960 2551 or click apply.