Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist
Are you an Architectural Technician with a flair for residential and commercial schemes? I have landed a new role in Reigate with practice that has a great reputation in the industry and would be the perfect move to boost your progression and career prospects.
- Position: Architectural Technician
- Location: Surrey, Reigate
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary/Rate: £28,000-£36,000 DOE
- Randstad CPE Contact: Matt Wright (Brighton branch - 01273 391010)
The company brief:
This well-established practice specialise in various projects throughout the UK and carry them from concept design through to planning and on to the technical design stages. Their projects include mainly residential, commercial and leisure sectors. They pride themselves on having an excellent track record of successful delivery and providing a high-quality service to all of their clients. As a result of increased workload, they are now looking to take on a qualified Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist who is proficient in AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Ability to develop your skills and experience within the company.
- Annual staff team building days.
- Great social scene within the office.
- A competitive salary offered, depending on experience.
- Good holiday allowance.
- Flexible working is permitted.
- UK pension contributions.
- CPD training is encouraged and supported.
Your new role:
As a qualified Architectural Technician / Architectural Technologist, you will need to work closely with Architects, as part of the team and demonstrate good attention to producing detailed drawings, using AutoCAD and completing 3D designs, using SketchUp. As well as knowing the UK residential sector and UK Building Regulations, and being proficient at producing construction detailed technical drawings, you should also be able to identify in a project, when the concept designs might need altering, in order to be technically possible. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting residential, commercial and leisure projects across the UK.
The company also encourage their staff to up-skill themselves, and everyone in the company is now able to run and own their own projects, invoicing for them too. This is a great opportunity to understand the workings of a company.
- An Architectural Technician with strong expertise in AutoCAD and SketchUp is essential.
- You should be a dedicated Architectural Technician - someone who knows the UK Building Regulations and solely works on technical detailing of projects, with experience of masonry and timber frame construction would be ideal.
- Ideally, you should have proven experience within a UK practice.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to handle multiple jobs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good levels of technical detailing.
- A sound understanding of the UK Building Regulations and experience of completing Planning Applications.
What you need to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or CV. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Matt Wright at Randstad CPE's Brighton branch, on 01273 391010, for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.