Architectural Assistant / Recently Qualified Architect
Are you a Part II/recently qualified Architect, looking to join a boutique sized architectural practice that has a passion for high quality design and bespoke solutions?
Due to natural expansion, a small architectural studio based in the beautiful area of Knightsbridge, now seeks a Part II Architectural Assistant, or qualified Architect to join their team of 4 on a full-time basis. You’ll be joining a family feel business, where the staff work closely with one another and team work and friendship is a key part of their success.
The studio has a passion for the sensitive refurbishment work of historic buildings and they typically concentrate on super prime private houses. However other project types in their portfolio include residential developments, hospitality, retail, masterplanning and interior design services, so if diversifying your project experience is important to you, then this could be the perfect fit.
Role & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Director on project progress
- Work through all RIBA project stages 1-7
- Responsible for your individual tasks
- Work on a variety of projects within the high-end residential sector
- Meet strict deadlines
- Liaise with clients and contractors
- Work smartly and efficiently
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified as a Part II Architectural Assistant OR Part III Architect
- A minimum of 3 years UK experience
- Passionate about design with a strong design background
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in professional practice
- Experienced using Vectorworks professionally would be ideal, but training can be provided
- A fluent user of SketchUp, MS Office and InDesign
- Experience working on high end residential projects (ideally within the London area)
- Keen to pursue your career specifically within the high-end residential sector
- Confident client facing with fantastic communication skills
- A personable and engaging personality
- Comfortable working in a small team, where you will have exposure to all RIBA project stages
- Able to work well within a team and independently
- Able to take responsibility for your own tasks
- Flexible and friendly
- Fantastic written and oral English
Salary & Package
- £28,000 - £34,000 DOE
- Workplace pension
What you get back
- Training & professional mentoring
- Social events
- Team building
- Close to local amenities
- Good transport links
Did you know we run a referral scheme? We pay you £300 worth of vouchers if you introduce us to anyone who we then successfully place in a new job role.
It may be someone looking for the next step in their career, someone who feels that they are being undervalued or just someone looking for a new challenge.
All you need to do is contact us with your recommendation and we will take care of the rest.
There’s no limit to how many referrals you can make, and we can either keep it confidential or let your referral know!
Terms: A candidate is deemed to have been successfully placed once they have started a new job as a result of an introduction made by Hunter Dunning and when they’ve successfully completed the probation period.