Architecture & Design Services are a small, friendly, Chartered Architects Practice based in a stunning converted watermill on the banks for the River Stort in Harlow, ten minutes’ walk from Harlow Town Station.
Our practice works on a wide range of projects both in terms of budget and scope, our current workload includes one-off houses, public housing schemes, extensions to industrial units and domestic properties and public realm projects.
We pride ourselves on putting our clients first and combining flair and creativity with practicality and an understanding of our clients’ requirements and budgets. We also have a strong sense of community and support various not for profit organisations and initiatives in Harlow and beyond.
Due to an impending retirement, we are looking for an experienced Senior Architect who shares our vision and values to join the team and help move the practice onwards and upwards.
We are looking for a candidate that is highly experienced, who can take responsibility for the technical side of projects, detailing for construction and liaising with contractors and suppliers. This is an excellent opportunity for a knowledgeable and capable individual to play a senior role and lead junior staff within an expanding practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a Part III qualification and a minimum of four years professional experience;
- have worked on projects up to a value of £4million and a have knowledge of workflow and professional processes on multi-discipline design teams;
- have UK project running experience and excellent communication and presentation skills;
- have excellent software skills: AutoCAD & Revit are essential;
- have experience mentoring junior staff and be prepared to mentor students along with the practice director;
- have significant technical knowledge and experience in architectural detailing and compiling drawing packages;
- be conscientious, organised and have meticulous attention to detail;
- take initiative, be responsible and work quickly under pressure;
- be available to begin work immediately and have the relevant working permits for the UK
To apply please forward a CV and samples of work (under 5MB) with covering letter to email@example.com. Please use 'Last Name_First Name_Senior_Architect' as the subject line of your email. Please note that interviews will take place in Harlow.
Architecture & Design Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Please note, however, that our offices are located on the first floor of a converted listed watermill and are not fully accessible.