Architectural Layout Designer
Layout Designer - New Build Housing Birmingham Up to £50,000 + package Due to expansion my client, a largely successful new builds developer is looking for an experienced Layout Designer to join their West Midlands team.
The person they appoint will report directly to the Design Director, it is essential you have experience producing hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts for residential / housing developments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Produce Feasibility Schemes in line with Company philosophy and Design Brief liaising where necessary with the Land and Development Departments
- Maximise land values through good and innovative design
- Ensure design concepts can be translated into workable development solutions
- Interact with and monitor the technical development of Schemes ensuring that the original concept is not diluted
- Prepare and submit Planning Applications, negotiating with Local Planning Authorities to ensure, where possible, an approval is obtained
- Monitor the progress of planning applications and subsequent release of planning conditions Interact with external consultants The ideal Candidate
- Currently working for a new build developer or Architects Practice
- The ability to produce quick and efficient hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts is essential
- The ability to transfer sketch layout to full CAD planning layouts
- Use of Adobe Photoshop and SketchUp to produce presentation material